The Mechanical Engineering (ME) Department is the largest department within the College of Engineering at the University of Nevada, Reno with over 800 students currently enrolled. The ME Department wants to ensure we are creating well-rounded students and providing them with not only the greatest education opportunities, but also making sure they are prepared for their futures outside of the University. The ME Department would like to create or expand on the seminars and programs (listed below), and we need your support to make these events happen.
- Graduate Seminar Series
- The ME Department invites faculty from other universities, national labs and industry to share their innovative research.
- This allows our graduate student, senior undergraduates, faculty, and community members to learn from, and connect with, researchers from all over the country. It also helps build connections between research conducted and UNR and a other institutions.
- The annual budget for the series is estimated at $3,000
- Leaders in Mechanical Engineering
- This is a new program, in which the ME Department will host Department Chairs from around the country to speak on leading trends, research, and topics within the mechanical engineering field.
- Hosting an event of this nature can positively affect national rankings for the Department. The event will also provide our students with exposure to different approaches and mindsets from other leading universities.
- The annual budget for this event is estimated at $4,000
- Student Professionalism Series
- The ME Department invites industry representatives to visit campus and provide feedback and information to students regarding resumes, the interview process, and general communication tactics with potential employers.
- In a very competitive industry, these types of networking and professional advice events give our students a competitive edge when applying for employment.
- The Series creates continuity between our current students and the professional community, and allows students to experience first-hand how their education will parlay into practical experience. It also serves as a way for alumni to connect back with their alma mater.
- The annual budget for this series is estimated at $1,000
To learn more about supporting the Mechanical Engineering Department, please contact Scott Krizman, assistant director of development (775) 682-7695 or email@example.com.