UNR Med Meets the Challenge
We have created one unified project that will have a synergistic impact on diversity, inclusivity and our pandemic response.
As we listen to the voices of the Black Lives Matter movement and see the need for fundamental changes we are examining our own practices so we stay true to our mission to improve the health and well-being of all Nevadans. We ask you to join the School of Medicine by contributing to the Diversity and Inclusion Fund.
While we are physically distanced, we stand together to face challenges exposed by the global health pandemic. You can help by contributing to the UNR Med and University Health COVID-19 Response Fund. To support our community-based research and teaching, we need you.
Your donation to the University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine can help:
- Educate a diverse and culturally competent workforce
- Support the needs of an increasingly diverse patient population
- Address critical issues of health care disparities and inequities in Nevada and beyond
- Provide COVID-19 testing, safety equipment and wellness resources for our frontline workers
- Conduct crucial basic science and clinical research related to COVID-19 and other community health issues
The COVID-19 pandemic and the Black Lives Matter movement have shone a new light on the health care inequities and disparities regularly experienced by people of color. Together, we know that we can make a difference, and we will.
Thank you for supporting the School of Medicine. If you’d like to learn more about supporting School of Medicine programs, please contact Shari Netzel, director of development, at (775) 682-6077 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Amelia Lane, assistant director of development, at (775) 682-6455 or email@example.com.